International Schools Award
The British International School Awards recognise excellence in British schools overseas and celebrate the successes that international schools achieve for exceptional learning, school support and leadership.
The awards are hosted by British International Schools Magazine with the support of ISC Research. Nominations are accepted from schools between August and September.
The deadline for this year's nominations is 20th September 2017. The awards will be announced and presented at a gala ceremony to be held in London on 22nd January 2018.
An esteemed panel of independent judges; highly experienced educators from the world of international education, select the winners of the BISA awards. The judging panel is chaired by Professor Jeff Thompson CBE of the University of Bath.
The annual BISA awards ceremony takes place each January. It is sponsored by leading school suppliers and organisations. School leaders and representatives from many international schools, and from all corners of the world, attend the event. This year’s gala ceremony takes place on the evening of Monday 22nd January 2018 at the Grand Connaught Rooms in Covent Garden, London.
The 2017 award winners
Winners of the 2017 British International School Awards were:
- Strategic Initiative of the Year - British International School of Stavanger
- Senior Leadership Team of the Year - The British School Kathmandu
- Governing Body of the Year - New Cairo British International School
- Community Initiative of the Year - The British School Kathmandu
- Pastoral Care Initiative of the Year - Deira International School
- Teaching Initiative of the Year - Dulwich College, Beijing
- IT Initiative of the Year - King’s College Alicante
- International Impact award - Doha College
- Lifetime Award - Simona Baciu of Transylvania College
- New British International School of the year - Cranleigh Abu Dhabi won
- Overall British International School of the Year 2017: The British School Kathmandu
Award categories for 2018
Submit your applications now for the 2018 British International School awards from the following categories:
- Outstanding Contribution to International Education
- Outstanding Governing Body
- Outstanding Strategic Initiative
- Outstanding Community Initiative
- Outstanding Pastoral Care Initiative
- New for 2018: Outstanding Initiative to support Student Safeguarding
- New for 2018: Outstanding Creativity Initiative
- Outstanding Teaching Initiative
- Outstanding Digital Technology Initiative
- International Impact award
- Outstanding Senior Leadership Team of the Year
- British International School of the Year 2018 (selected from winners of the above categories)
Sponsoring the BISAs
There are several ways that companies can support the British International School Awards through sponsorship.